Small grants fund - up to £500
In light of the COVID-19 outbreak, we have extended the deadlines for our Community Grants and Small Grants (see Grant Rounds below).
Our Community Grant does not cover salaries. The Government is providing support for this. For more information, please visit the Government website.
For other COVID-19-related funding, please visit our external funding page.
Small grants fund
The small grants fund is for charities, community and voluntary groups, sporting groups, and informal groups, who are looking to fund a project, one-off event or piece of equipment that will benefit Dacorum residents. The maximum grant is £500. For larger grants of up to £3,000, please visit our community grant page.
It's Hertfordshire Year of Culture in 2020 and, in support of this, we're particularly interested in receiving applications for projects that have a cultural theme. If this applies to your project, please make it clear in the project description.
Please note: If you are successful in being awarded a small grant or larger community grant, you may not apply for further funding until the next financial year.
Applications for the summer round are now open.
- Spring 2020 - opens Wednesday 1 April closes Friday 26 June
- Summer 2020 - opens Wednesday 1 July closes Friday 28 August
- Winter 2020 - opens Monday 28 September closes Friday 27 November
What can be funded
- Revenue or capital as a ‘one-off’ grant for a specific project, event or programme of events, or equipment.
- Short-term revenue costs, such as day-to-day running costs (excluding staff salaries) for a specific project.
What can’t be funded
- Items which benefit an individual.
- Long term or ongoing revenue costs, such as staff salaries.
- Activities we deem to promote or be linked to religious or political ideologies or beliefs.
- Projects involving improvement or repair to buildings which are the responsibility of another statutory body.
- Activities that are the responsibility of another statutory body.
- Capital projects in schools or improvements to roads, pavements or associated items - for example, bus stops, street lighting.
- Projects that take place outside Dacorum.
- Projects that have already started delivery.
Please note: we may share your information with other internal departments and relevant external organisations for the purpose of assessing your grant application.
If you would like more information or have any queries please contact:
Kim Gioiosa / Marion Rawdon
Telephone: 01442 228213 or 01442 228631