The Community Grant is designed to support community activities and improve the wellbeing of Dacorum residents. It is aimed at community groups and voluntary organisations within the borough who are looking for funding to deliver projects that will primarily benefit the people living in Dacorum. Projects must support our vision and priorities, as well as the "five ways to wellbeing" (see guidance notes below for more information).
The next round of our Community Grant Scheme is now open. Apply below and prepare in the following ways:
- Contact us for an initial discussion about your project
- Make sure that your project is eligible for funding through the Community Grant Scheme
- Read through the example application form
- Prepare your supporting documentation
Small grants fund
If you require funding of £500 or less, our small grants fund is quick and easy to apply for. Find out more on our small grants fund page. If you are applying for larger sums, please see below.
Grants rounds closing dates
- Summer 2018 - currently open for applications, and will close on Friday 27 July.
- Winter 2018 - applications will open Saturday 28 July and will close Friday 23 November.
- Spring 2019 – applications will open Monday 1 April and will close on Friday 31 May 2019.
Please read the guidance notes before starting the application:
Community Grant Guidance (PDF 437 KB)
Do you want to see the questions before registering online? Check out the document below:
Example Application Form (PDF 325 KB) (for preparation purposes only)
A step-by-step guide to completing the online grants form is available below:
Step by step guide (PDF 1MB)
Need inspiration? Here is a list of projects that we have previously funded:
Community Grants Awarded 2016-2017 (PDF 292KB)
If you apply for a grant but are unsuccessful, you may want to consider crowdfunding your project. If you reach your crowdfunding target, we will match fund up to £3,000, as long as the project meets our terms and conditions.
Please contact the Community Partnerships Team to discuss this option before starting a campaign.
Here are some links to some helpful resources about crowdfunding:
Support for applicants
Community Action Dacorum offers two types of support for local voluntary sector and community groups.
- support with completing the application questions
- support with completing the online form
Please use the contact details below for Community Action Dacorum to access this support.
If you have technical difficulties or specific queries about the Community Grant application, please contact us.
Please note: we may share your information with other internal departments and relevant external organisations for the purpose of assessing your grant application.
Community Action Dacorum
Phone: 01442 253935
Dacorum Borough Council
Kim Gioiosa / Marion Rawdon
Phone: 01442 228213 or 01442 228631