We recommend that you apply online. We now receive over 70 per cent of our applications this way.
Apply online now
Registration is easy and you can complete your application form, upload supporting documents and pay fees online.
The benefits of applying online include:
- Immediate delivery and acknowledgement
- Savings on postage and printing costs
- Online help function when completing applications
- Online record of your completed applications
- Online payment
If you prefer, you can also complete your application online and submit the supporting documents and fees by post. Alternatively, you can download and print a paper form from the Planning Portal. You can then complete this and send it to us. If you submit a paper application, it is only necessary to provide one copy of the documents.
Download a paper form
If you are unsure which form to use, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01442 228671.
Application types available online
- Approval of details reserved by a condition
- Approval of reserved matters
- Consent to display an advertisement
- Demolition in a conservation area
- Full planning and demolition in a conservation area
- Full planning and display of advertisements
- Full planning and listed building consent
- Full planning permission
- Hedgerow removal notice
- Householder planning and demolition in a conservation area
- Householder planning and listed building consent
- Householder planning permission
- Lawful development: existing use
- Lawful development: proposed use
- Listed building consent
- Non-material amendment
- Outline planning permission: all matters reserved
- Outline planning permission: some matters reserved
- Prior notification: building (agricultural/forestry)
- Prior notification: demolition
- Prior notification: development by telecoms operators
- Prior notification: excavation/waste material (agricultural/forestry)
- Prior notification: fish tank/cage (agricultural/forestry)
- Prior notification: road (agricultural/forestry)
- Removal/variation of a condition
- Tree works: trees in conservation areas/subject to TPOs
Application types not available on the online/paper system
For all other consent types, including prior approval applications, please visit the forms section of the Planning Portal website for more information.
Guidance on other relevant documents to accompany your application
Community Infrastructure Levy (CIL)
All planning applications, including those for Lawful Development Certificates, must have the CIL additional information form submitted alongside them - (see below). We require this additional information to determine whether a charge is due, to determine the amount of CIL payable and to provide advice on any possible relief and the associated relief procedure. The CIL guidance document provides advice on how to fill in the CIL additional information form.
Please note: also check CIL Forms 0-9 as these may need to be completed depending on your CIL liability and what stage of the planning process you are at.
Additional CIL information form:
Find out what CIL zone your site/property is in
Interactive map showing planning constraints and CIL zones
Read more about our approach to calculating affordable housing contributions: