Jobs and careers
Dacorum is one of the fastest developing areas in the South East, offering a fantastic location, fast connections into London and excellent local facilities.
At Dacorum Borough Council we are committed to providing an excellent service to our residents and businesses. And we look for our people to be just as committed to making a positive difference.
We offer a diverse range of jobs, from administration to grounds maintenance, environmental services and much more. While many of our jobs are office-based, there are flexible working opportunities to work from home in line with service needs.
Whether you are looking for professional, technical or manual work, full or part-time, career advancement, the opportunity to change direction or just starting out in your working life, we may have a job to suit you.
Search our current vacancies and apply online
We are constantly striving to improve our services and are looking to recruit people with fresh ideas who are not afraid of change.
If you want to help us improve the quality of life in the borough, we can offer you:
Attractive rates of pay
Our rates of pay are based on a nationally agreed pay level. There is also a fixed London Fringe allowance. Salaries are reviewed on 1 April each year.
Our generous package includes:
- minimum of 23 days' holiday entitlement plus bank holidays
- Local Government Pension Scheme
- generous maternity, paternity and adoption leave schemes
- achievable work-life balance through a range of flexible working arrangements
- training and development opportunities, together with regular appraisals
- occupational sick pay scheme
- childcare benefit voucher scheme and discounted rates at day nursery
- confidential counselling and welfare service
- health promotion schemes
- relocation package available for certain roles
- free eye test and financial contribution to glasses for computer users
- interest free loans to purchase bus and rail season tickets and bicycles
- discounted goods and services
- discounted rates for gym membership
- reduced rate for Sports pass at Dacorum Sports Centres
- reduced fees at Little Hay Golf complex
Due to essential server maintenance, our online forms and payments system will be unavailable between 8am and 6pm on Saturday 21 April. We apologise for any inconvenience. ×
Industrial action is being taken by members of Unite The Union and Unison. This may affect council services over the coming weeks. Currently, bin collections are back on schedule. However, we expect them to be affected again after the bank holiday on Monday 7 May. Please refer to our website nearer the time for updates.