Coronavirus (COVID-19) supported housing advice

We understand that the coronavirus pandemic has been an uncertain and worrying time for everyone. We have worked hard to keep you informed and maintain the wellbeing, health and safety of our tenants and staff.

This page explains how the supported housing service may change over the coming weeks and how these changes may affect you.

How can I find out what to do during the coronavirus pandemic?

The Government's coronavirus (COVID-19) web page will tell you all you need to know about what you can and can’t do whilst restrictions remain in place, as well as what to do if you have any symptoms or have been in contact with an infected person.

What should I do if I develop symptoms of coronavirus?

If you develop a new, continuous cough, a high temperature or any loss or change to your sense of smell or taste then you should get a test as soon as possible, then stay at home. Do not go shopping or meet anyone from your support bubble. You must not visit your Supported Housing Officer. Instead you should pull your cord or telephone them for support.

If you need clinical advice you should visit the NHS website. If you do not have access to the internet then you should call 111. In an emergency, call 999. 

Will I still receive visits from my Supported Housing Officer?

Our Supported Housing Officers have now returned to their schemes and have started making face-to-face visits again. For the time being, these visits may take place on your doorstep. We will review this when coronavirus restrictions ease further. 

It’s still a good idea to make sure that you keep a few weeks' supply of any regular medications, as well as a supply of tinned or dried food. If you have any concerns regarding food or medication supplies, particularly if you have had a positive test result, please contact your Supported Housing Officer by telephone or by pulling your cord.

You can find out more about the easing of coronavirus (COVID-19) restrictions on the Government website.

What about the facilities at my scheme?

Unfortunately, all communal lounges will remain closed for the time being, because we do not have sufficient staff available to clean them to the required standards and keep everyone safe. We wrote to all our tenants on 27 July 2021 (see letter below) to explain this situation, and will give further updates as the situation changes.

 Communal lounges letter - July 2021 (PDF 151KB)

Your laundry rooms have remained open throughout the pandemic to help reduce the spread of the virus. We continue to recommend that only one person uses the laundry room at a time.


We do not intend to ask tenants for proof of vaccination, but we encourage everyone to take up the offer of two doses of a COVID-19 vaccine if possible. If you have not yet received your first vaccine, you can book online on the NHS website or call 119 between 7am and 11pm. You will need your date of birth and your NHS number. If you don’t know your NHS number, don’t worry - you can still book your vaccination by giving your name, date of birth and postcode.

The vaccination is only available from the NHS and is free of charge. The NHS will never ask you for your bank account details or to pay for the vaccine.

Useful contacts

  • Dacorum Borough Council Supported Housing Team: Call 01442 228347
  • Hertfordshire Adult Social Services: Call 0300 123 4042.
  • Coronavirus vaccination bookings (for those without internet access): Call 119 between 7am and 11pm.

Warning signCoronavirus (COVID-19): Our Customer Service team is offering pre-booked appointments at the Forum in Hemel Hempstead for queries that cannot be dealt with over the telephone or online. To book, call 01442 228000. We continue to provide a full range of services online and via telephone. For council service updates and other advice, please see our COVID-19 page×