Warning signDue to essential server maintenance, our online forms and payments system will be unavailable between 8am and 6pm on Saturday 21 April. We apologise for any inconvenience.  ×

Warning signIndustrial action is being taken by members of Unite The Union and Unison. This may affect council services over the coming weeks. Currently, bin collections are back on schedule. However, we expect them to be affected again after the bank holiday on Monday 7 May. Please refer to our website nearer the time for updates.

Moving home/register for Council Tax

If you've recently moved into the borough or have recently changed address you will need to register for Council Tax. You can do this by filling in the appropriate online form below:

Owner occupiers

If you own your property and live in it.

Register for Council Tax - owner occupier


If you rent your property from a private landlord, a housing association, or the council.

Register for Council Tax - tenant

Empty properties

If you own the property but nobody currently lives in it.

Register for Council Tax - empty property

Landlord or agent tenancy notification

If you are a landlord or agent and want to tell us about tenants who have moved in.

Register your tenants for Council Tax - landlord or agent notification

Moving out of Dacorum?

If all the adults in the property are moving out of Dacorum.

Let us know you are moving out of Dacorum

More information

If you have any further questions, please email council.tax@dacorum.gov.uk or call 01442 228000.

Welcome to Dacorum

If you've just moved home, we know that this is a busy time, but there are a few things that you need to do now. To get you off to a good start, we've pulled together some of the key information and links.