Speak at a Development Management Committee meeting
Councillors are elected by voters in Dacorum to decide on a range of issues on behalf of residents.
The Development Management Committee meets once a month. You can find a list of meeting dates on our meetings calendar.
- When you are invited to speak, you must address your statement or question to the Chairman of the Committee.
- You must show respect for the Chairman and the meeting.
- You must take your seat after making a statement or asking a question to listen to the reply. Afterwards, you may join the public for the rest of the meeting, or leave the meeting.
The questioner may not ask the same or a similar question within a six-month period except for the following circumstances:
- Deferred planning applications which have foregone a significant or material change since originally being considered;
- Resubmitted planning applications which have foregone a significant or material change;
- Any issues which are resubmitted to the Committee in view of further facts or information to be considered.
At a meeting of the Development Management Committee, a person or their representative may speak on a particular planning application, as long as it is on the agenda to be considered at the meeting.
For each planning application being considered at the meeting, a maximum of three minutes will be allocated for each of the following groups to address the meeting, on a first come, first served basis:
- town/parish council and neighbourhood associations;
- objectors to an application;
- supporters of an application.
If more than one person in any of the categories above wishes to speak, they should agree with the other members of that category the order in which they should speak or agree that one member of a category will represent the views of the others.
Each speaker can speak for a maximum of three minutes. Where more than one person wishes to speak on a single planning application, the shared time increases from three to five minutes.
If you wish to speak, you need to let us know in writing - or by telephone - no more than seven days before the meeting (once the agenda is published). The deadline to register is noon on the day of the meeting.
Please note the meeting will finish at 10pm, which can be extended to 10.30pm if the Chairman calls a vote. All applications unheard will be deferred to the next meeting.
To register to speak
Please complete and submit the form below or phone 01442 228000 and ask for Member Support.
If you are going to speak, please remember to:
- check the date, time and venue
- turn up five minutes early and ask someone to let the committee administrator know you are there
- speak clearly and concisely when you are talking to the meeting
We will be collecting bins from roads where it is safe to do so. Please leave your bins out for collection. If your bins have not yet been collected, leave them on the boundary of your property and we will collect them as soon as conditions allow. ×