Speak at a Cabinet meeting
Councillors are elected by voters in Dacorum to decide on a range of issues on behalf of residents.
Our Cabinet has six senior councillors who meet every month to make key decisions. Each member has his or her own special area of responsibility (their 'portfolio').
The Cabinet meets every month. You can find a list of meeting dates on our meetings calendar
- Each speaker can speak for a maximum of two minutes. A total of 15 minutes is available for people to speak.
- If you wish to speak, we need to know in writing by noon the day before the meeting.
- Questions and statements should be relevant to the work of that meeting. We need an outline of what you want to say so that we can check that it is relevant.
- You may not ask a question if it is substantially the same as a question which has been put at a meeting of the Cabinet in the past six months.
- Every statement or question will be answered without discussion and the Chairman may decline to answer.
- You must show respect for the members and the meeting.
- After making a statement or asking a question, you must take your seat to listen to the reply. Afterwards, you may join the public for the rest of the meeting or leave the meeting.
To register to speak
Please complete and submit the form below.
If you are going to speak, please remember to:
- check the date, time and venue;
- turn up five minutes early;
- ask someone to let the committee administrator know you are there; and
- speak clearly and concisely when you are talking to the meeting.
Due to essential maintenance work, our online forms and payment system will be unavailable between 8am and 6pm on Saturday 17 March. We apologise for any inconvenience caused. ×