The Mayor of Dacorum, Cllr Rosie Sutton, is running a competition to find Dacorum’s Everyday Heroes - those individuals in the community who make a positive difference to the lives of others.
The competition is open to all ages and no activity is too big or too small. There are lots of reasons you might consider someone to be your Everyday Hero, such as:
- Being a positive role model
- For their service to the community
- Being a good neighbour
- Helping and caring for others
- Being a ‘parent in a million’
- Being a brilliant nurse or care worker
- Being a great teacher
These are just some ideas as to why someone might be your Everyday Hero.
How to enter
It's easy to nominate - simply complete the online form below. The closing date for entries is midnight on Monday 26 November 2018.
Winners will be invited, along with one guest of their choice, to the Mayor of Dacorum’s annual Civic Reception taking place on Friday 1 March 2019 at Shendish Manor Hotel, Apsley, Hemel Hempstead.
The Civic Reception is a formal evening that includes a drinks reception, three-course meal and entertainment. It is attended by a number of distinguished guests such as MPs, The Lord Lieutenant, High Sheriff, military chiefs, CEOs, Mayors and Chairmen from other boroughs and town councils.
So if you'd like to say thank you to someone who has made a difference to you or your community, get nominating.
Terms and conditions
- The closing date for entries is midnight on Monday 26 November 2018.
- The winners must live or work in the borough of Dacorum.
- You must get the consent of the person you are nominating and provide their contact details.
- Both the winner and the person nominating them must agree to take part in publicity for the Everyday Heroes scheme (such as photos for the media and a profile of their activity for display at the Civic Reception).
- Winners must be available to attend the Mayor’s Civic Reception on Friday 1 March 2019.
- Winners will need to arrange their own transportation to and from the event.
- Our decision on the winners is final and no correspondence or discussion will be entered into.
- We cannot accept responsibility for any technical failure, system failure or other delays/errors outside of our control.