Pay for your parking with RingGo
RingGo is a quick, easy to use mobile phone service, which lets you pay for your parking with a credit or
debit card, rather than using cash at a machine.
- You no longer need to carry change
- You don’t have to visit a parking machine and
- You don’t need to walk back with a parking ticket – Civil Enforcement Officers check which vehicles are parked with RingGo via their handheld units.
How to register with RingGo
You can pre-register with RingGo either on the internet at www.myRingGo.co.uk/register or by using the RingGo apps for iPhone and Android handsets (downloadable either through your handset or from the Apple
If you pre-register for the service you will be asked to provide:
- The number plate, colour and make of your vehicle
- Your payment card details
Alternatively, you can register at the same time you want to park, either by using the RingGo apps or by calling the RingGo number: 0203 046 0010.
Once registered, RingGo recognises your mobile phone number and retrieves information you have previously given. This means that when you pay you only have to provide:
- The five-digit location code where you are parked. Each area offering RingGo has its own individual location number (click for details of locations in your area). Local signs provide this information.
- The length of time you want to park, and
- Your payment card three-digit security code.
Ways to pay
For more information on all the options below, please see www.myringgo.co.uk
How much does RingGo cost?
There is no charge for registering with RingGo and no charge for downloading or using the RingGo iPhone and Android applications.
When you park your vehicle with RingGo, you generally pay a 20p convenience charge on top of the normal parking tariff charges which apply. This parking charge will be shown on your monthly credit/debit card statement.
If you call RingGo, the number used is a geographic one, so you are charged the standard rate agreed with your mobile phone operator. Such calls are often included free within mobile phone packages, so if you receive a free “bundle of minutes”, your call will usually be included in this.
If you use the RingGo “text to park” option, you will pay for the text message at your agreed operator rate. You will also pay a 10p charge for the summary text message (which you automatically receive), providing confirmation of your parking session details.
The optional parking session confirmation messages and reminder texts (alerting you when your session is about to run out), cost 10p per message.
Can I get a VAT receipt?
If you need a VAT receipt for your RingGo parking session, you can view and print it online by logging in at www.myringgo.co.uk. If you provide RingGo with your email address, you can opt to receive a receipt automatically every time you park. Just log in and add your email address into the settings menu.