Financial support available during national lockdown (5 November 2020 to 1 December only)
Updated 15 January 2021
National lockdown support grants (for the period 5 November 2020 to 1 December 2020 only)
These grants are only available to business rate payers. This means businesses that are liable for business rates, and includes those that receive a zero bill because they are getting 100 per cent relief. They are one part of the Local Restrictions Support Grants scheme. These grants are for businesses that have been ordered to close under the national lockdown restrictions, and include:
- Non-essential retail, such as clothing and homeware stores, showrooms (other than for rental), betting shops, tailors, tobacco and vape shops, electronic goods and mobile phone shops
- Hospitality venues, such as cafes, restaurants, pubs, bars and social clubs
- Accommodation, such as hotels, hostels, guest houses and campsites
- Leisure and sports facilities, such as leisure centres and gyms, swimming pools, tennis and basketball courts, golf courses, fitness and dance studios, climbing walls, archery, driving, and shooting ranges
- Entertainment venues, such as theatres, concert halls, cinemas, museums and galleries, casinos, amusement arcades, bingo halls, bowling alleys, skating rinks, go-karting venues, soft play centres and areas
- Personal care facilities, such as hair, beauty, tanning and nail salons, tattoo parlours, spas, massage parlours, body and skin piercing services
- Community centres and halls
How much will I get?
The amount of grant will depend on the rateable value (RV) of the property. One payment will be made for the period of national lockdown from 5 November 2020 to 1 December 2020.
National lockdown support grants
|Rateable value (RV)
||Grant for period 5 November 2020 to 1 December 2020
|Less than or exactly £15,000
|More than £15,000 but less than £51,000
|Exactly £51,000 or higher
How to apply
Only use the online form below to claim a grant for the National Lockdown period from 5 November to 1 December 2020. The deadline for applications for this period is 11.59pm on 31 January 2021.
Do not use this form to claim a grant if your business had to close because of local tier restrictions, or under the national lockdown, which started from 5 January 2021. To claim a grant for this period, go to our financial support from 2 December 2020 page.
Additional Restrictions Grant
If your business does not meet the conditions for the National lockdown support grant, it is possible you may be able to get help from the Additional Restrictions Grant. Find out more about the Additional Restrictions Grant.