Advice and support
Herts Start-up Programme
In partnership with Wenta and Stanta, we have secured funding from the European Regional Development Fund which enables us to offers free business advice and training for Hertfordshire-based start-up and established micro businesses (up to three and a half years old).
We offer 12 hours of support to each business, which may consist of:
- Business advice meetings with an experienced business adviser
- Assistance with registering the business with Her Majesty's Revenue and Customs (HMRC) and Companies House
- Training workshops covering a wide range of topics, such as starting a business, Microsoft programs, finance, customer service and marketing. Full details of the courses on offer can be found here.
Business advice meetings
At a business advice meeting, you will receive personalised advice, along with a follow-up email indicating the key action points.
The advice will include everything you need to set up your business, from practical, legal and financial information through to a thorough analysis of your business strategy.
This evaluation will include a review of any competitive advantages that you may have, profiling your potential or current customers, researching your competitors and pricing structure, and developing a marketing plan.
We can help you to:
- Create a business plan from initial research, through to implementation
- Understand key strategy issues
- Develop a marketing plan
- Understand key financial data – cash flow, profit and loss
In addition, there will be potential for a limited number of small business grants (subject to eligibility).
How to apply
For further information or to register your interest, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call Lesley Crisp on 01442 531003.