Advice and support
Herts Start-up Programme
In partnership with Wenta and Stanta, we have secured funding from the European Regional Development Fund which enables us to offers free business advice and training for Hertfordshire-based start-up and established micro businesses (up to three and a half years old).
We offer 12 hours of support to each business, which may consist of:
- Business advice meetings with an experienced business adviser
- Assistance with registering the business with Her Majesty's Revenue and Customs (HMRC) and Companies House
- Training workshops covering a wide range of topics, such as starting a business, Microsoft programs, finance, customer service and marketing. Full details of the courses on offer can be found here.
Business advice meetings
At a business advice meeting, you will receive personalised advice, along with a follow-up email indicating the key action points.
The advice will include everything you need to set up your business, from practical, legal and financial information through to a thorough analysis of your business strategy.
This evaluation will include a review of any competitive advantages that you may have, profiling your potential or current customers, researching your competitors and pricing structure, and developing a marketing plan.
We can help you to:
- Create a business plan from initial research, through to implementation
- Understand key strategy issues
- Develop a marketing plan
- Understand key financial data – cash flow, profit and loss
In addition, there will be potential for a limited number of small business grants (subject to eligibility).
How to apply
For further information or to register your interest, please email email@example.com or call Lesley Crisp on 01442 531003.
Due to essential maintenance work, our online forms and payment system will be unavailable between 8am and 6pm on Saturday 17 March. We apologise for any inconvenience caused. ×