Benefits - change of circumstances
When your circumstances change, you must tell us. A change may affect how much you can claim.
You must tell us if you, or anyone else in your property:
- Move in or move out
- Start or stop a job, school or university
- Go into hospital for more than one night
- Have any changes to rent, pay, pension, savings or benefits or a backdated payment
- Get married, start a civil partnership, or get divorced
- Have a baby, foster, or adopt
Tell us about a change
Report a change of circumstances online
You will need:
- A digital copy of your evidence or a way of photographing or scanning it (for example, a smartphone).
Council Tax changes
Please report changes to Council Tax separately. Visit our Council Tax page for more information.
Due to scheduled maintenance work, our payments system will be unavailable between 4.30am and 6.30am on Sunday 21 October. We apologise for any inconvenience caused. ×