Benefits - change of circumstances
When your circumstances change, you must tell us. A change may affect how much you can claim.
You must tell us if you, or anyone else in your property:
- Move in or move out
- Start or stop a job, school or university
- Go into hospital for more than one night
- Have any changes to rent, pay, pension, savings or benefits or a backdated payment
- Get married, start a civil partnership, or get divorced
- Have a baby, foster, or adopt
Tell us about a change
Report a change of circumstances online
You will need:
- A digital copy of your evidence or a way of photographing or scanning it (for example, a smartphone).
Council Tax changes
Please report changes to Council Tax separately. Visit our Council Tax page for more information.
Due to essential maintenance work, our online payment system will be unavailable between 8am and noon on Sunday 22 September. We apologise for any inconvenience caused. ×