If you live in Dacorum and get a means-tested benefit then you may be entitled to a Dacorum Card - a free card that gives you discounts and privileges at more than 200 local businesses and facilities, including sport and leisure, food and drink, transport, Council services, and many more.
Have a look to see what's on offer on our Discounters page.
Am I eligible?
You are eligible for a card if you live in Dacorum and your household receives any of the following means-tested benefits:
- Housing Benefit
- Council Tax Support (not 25 per cent single persons' discount)
- Income-related Jobseekers' Allowance
- Income Support
- Guaranteed Pension Credit (not just state retirement pension)
- Employment and Support Allowance
- Universal Credit
- NHS Tax Credit Exemption Certificate
- Assistance with NHS charges (HC2 or HC3 certificate)
If you are the carer of someone to which one of the above applies, then the eligible person can apply for you to have a Dacorum Card to receive discounts on their behalf.
How to apply
You can apply for a Dacorum Card by filling out our online form.
Terms and conditions
- You must show a Dacorum Card to obtain discounts / special offers which are for your own use. Use by any other person may result in cancellation of your card. The full price will be charged if the card is not produced.
- Dacorum Card is valid until the expiry date shown.
- Dacorum Card is no longer valid if your eligibility changes. The card should be returned to us in the event of this happening.
- You must tell us about any change of address, name or other relevant circumstances.
- Misuse of the card will result in its withdrawal from the cardholder.
- If the card is lost, stolen or damaged, a new application form and proof of status will be required.
- Your Dacorum Card may be used for obtaining available discounts when booking over the phone. Your card number must be given. Dacorum Card must be shown when collecting tickets.
- Discount agreements made with private companies may be subject to change at any time. Please always enquire as to the availability of discounts before deciding on a purchase.
- Discounts will not be given to individuals booking on behalf of a club, team or organisation.
- We are not an agent for the businesses or individuals that take part in the Dacorum Card scheme, and we are unable to vouch for any advertising claims, including time sensitive information such as prices, discounts, interest rates, professional qualifications,
trade certifications, membership of trade associations or content of websites. We advise any person who intends on purchasing goods or services from any business or individual that takes part in the scheme to satisfy themselves as to the exact
type of goods or services offered, the quality of such goods and services offered, the accuracy of any prices, discounts or interest rates quoted or the qualification held by the business or individuals.
- We can take no responsibility for any loss or damage caused by the products and services offered by private companies under the terms of this scheme. Inclusion in the scheme does not imply any endorsement or recommendation by us.
- We reserve the right to amend or end the discount scheme and conditions of use without further notice.