We're pleased to announce the new parking, access and movement arrangements for the Water Gardens area, Hemel Hempstead, starting on Saturday 16 October 2021.
View the Water Gardens parking plan (PDF 780KB).
The new arrangements will enable a better flow for car park users and pedestrian access to Hemel Hempstead town centre. It also includes new landscaping along the Leighton Buzzard Road.
Water Gardens North
- Continued entrance and exit to and from Combe Street
- Continued entrance and exit to and from Leighton Buzzard Road
- Resurfaced car park.
Water Gardens South
- New entrance only from Leighton Buzzard Road
- New exit only to Bridge Street (one-way only)
- Increased number of dedicated blue badge bays
- Resurfaced parking and new lighting.
- Wider footpaths
- Resurfaced footpaths
- Dropped kerbs and tactile pavements.