Not sure whether your business needs to prepare for the European Union transition?
Confused about how to prepare?
You will most likely need to take action even if you don’t import or export goods, regardless of the outcome of the UK’s negotiations with the EU.
If you answer yes to any of the questions below, use the ‘checker’ tool at www.gov.uk/transition to get a personalised list
of actions and visit the Better Business for All EU Transition page for
specific guidance on actions businesses need to take and the support they can receive from Hertfordshire Local Authority regulators: Trading Standards and Environmental Health.
- Do you import or export to the EU?
- Do you move goods between Great Britain and Northern Ireland?
- Do you have EU suppliers? (your distributors may use EU suppliers)
- Do you manufacture or sell CE marked products?
- Do you operate in a sector with specific changes, for example cosmetics and food businesses? (check your sector)
- Do you deliver business services to EU markets or travel for business? (including pet travel)
- Do you hold EU customer personal data?
- Do you employ people from outside the UK?
Specific support for Dacorum businesses
Here’s how Hertfordshire organisations can help your business with the EU transition:
- Hertfordshire Trading Standards is responsible for ensuring certain products placed on the market are safe
and labelled correctly. This includes food and animal feed products and products that must meet specific safety standards. Hertfordshire Trading Standards is supporting local businesses by ensuring that they are kept up to date with
legislative changes and can continue to place compliant products on the market. For more information, call Trading Standards Business Advice Line: 01707 281401.
- We are responsible for the hygiene and safety of food, health and identification marks and health certificates. We are supporting local businesses by ensuring that they are kept up to date with legislative changes and can continue to import and export
safe food from the EU.
- Our Enterprise and Investment team provide
additional services to support businesses and will be able to direct you to other local support.
Hertfordshire Growth Hub and its EU Transition Advisors can support businesses by:
- Keeping you up to date with transition news and updates
- Providing guidance that is tailored specifically for your business sector
- Working with you to understand what exactly EU transition means for your business
- Supporting you to access a host of fully funded support programmes delivered by Hertfordshire Growth Hub and its partners.